corn snake forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what do you think of useinf these bulbs anyone know!!!!

3 posters

Go down

what do you think of useinf these bulbs anyone know!!!! Empty what do you think of useinf these bulbs anyone know!!!!

Post by THE REPTILE MAN Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:42 pm

hello i was just wondering if these moonlight bulbs are any good for night time for reptiles as i would like to use 1 for my boa and my corn snakes. so could i use them here is a pic of the bulb
what do you think of useinf these bulbs anyone know!!!! Nightglobulb

or have a look at this website and tell me if you think the bulbs are anygood to use please.
http://www.petzoo.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=677

thanks
michael
THE REPTILE MAN
THE REPTILE MAN

Back to top Go down

what do you think of useinf these bulbs anyone know!!!! Empty Re: what do you think of useinf these bulbs anyone know!!!!

Post by THE REPTILE MAN Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:45 pm

oohhh and by the way i have used a the little bulb in the pic befor with a sunglo skinny bulb also i used sunglo in the day and night glo at night time with a lil corn snake i had when i was first keeping corns and it didnt bother him in anyway so i think thay will be ok to use
THE REPTILE MAN
THE REPTILE MAN

Back to top Go down

what do you think of useinf these bulbs anyone know!!!! Empty Re: what do you think of useinf these bulbs anyone know!!!!

Post by Angel2fire Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:34 am

We use red bulbs for nocturnal reptiles.

I'm not sure about those bulbs but you can use normal bulbs, you don't need to buy the really expensive ones Smile

Angel2fire

Back to top Go down

Post by THE REPTILE MAN Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:00 am

yeah i know i was only wanting a red night light or a blue one didnt know witch one was better to use but i think i mite just get a red bulb i dont need it to be a very high wattage so i think i will get a 20watt or summik thanks for the help
THE REPTILE MAN
THE REPTILE MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel2fire Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:32 am

We just use a normal red bulb as a heatbulb and put it on a dimmer stat and it works fine.

I wasn't saying you shouldn't get the bulb you posted above, just that you can use normal household lightbulbs and save a fortune as they work just the same Smile

Angel2fire

Back to top Go down

Post by lostcorn Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:42 am

Is it to provide low level illumination or background heat?

lostcorn

Back to top Go down

Post by THE REPTILE MAN Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:45 pm

ok i have a normal bulb already but its just for the day time to boost temps abit and its a night light bulb like a moon light glo so its like a cream colour but not bright at all you could look at the bulb all day and your eyes would still be ok i was wanting to use the red bulbs at first as people say reptiles cant see red but i have been told they can and i am only wanting the light for a lil light a night time but not enough to disturb my snakes and i want it for a lil heat yes just to boost the temps in viv over night if you know what i mean
THE REPTILE MAN
THE REPTILE MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum